Since wheat and corn are off the diet and I was hungry for tacos, I got to thinking about something other than taco salad. I was driving by PF Chang’s and came up with repurposing Asian lettuce wraps into taco wraps. I usually use commercial taco seasoning to flavor my taco meat, but it has a higher carb content than I wanted, so I decided to season the meat from my pantry.
1 pound ground beef
1 head iceberg lettuce (or butter lettuce cups)
Shredden cheddar or Mexican blend cheese
Sliced avacade (if desired)
- Brown the ground beef in a medium skillet.
- Add picante sauce, chili powder and cumin to suit your taste. Add the cayenne for additional heat if desired.
- Cook down until excess moisture is removed
- In the meantime, separate the lettuce into individual leaves, wash and dry.
- Spoon the taco meat into the lettuce leaf and top with cheese and avocado.
This is a nice lo carb alternative to tacos or taco salad. Making your own seasoning for the meat excludes things like sugar and Masa flour and keeps you in Keto heaven.